Shakopee Family Martial Arts is a family-owned business that prides itself on its family-centered, safe approach to providing martial arts training to men, women and children. Shakopee Family Martial Arts offers programs for all ages and skill levels. This includes Tiny Tigers, an introduction to the martial arts for kids age four to six; Karate for Kids, design for grade and high school-age; and Tae Kwon Do instruction for students of all ages, at every level of conditioning and fitness.
Shakopee Family Martial Arts has also developed a leadership program to help students learn communication, decision-making and problem-solving skills, and to develop self-confidence.
- Fax: 952-445-4163
- Hours: Mon, Tues, Thur, 5pm - 8pm; Fri, 6pm - 7pm; Sat, 10am - noon
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Discounts: Child, Group/family, Senior, Student
- Membership info: Basic Members attend class for 30 minutes and Master Club and Leadership attend class for 45 minutes. Basic Members attend two days per week and Master Club and Leadership may attend unlimited classes.
- Parking: On-street: free
- Private events: No
- Number of classes/week: 16
- Average class size: 10
- Number of instructors: 4
- Approx. male-to-female ratio: 2-to-1
- Type: Karate, Tae Kwon Do
- Uses ranking system: Yes
- Uses weight classification: Yes
- Participates in competitions: Yes
- What is the school's training philosophy?: We want to have a positive impact on our community, one black belt at a time.