The Shakopee Fire Department responded to Koda Energy at 2:30 a.m. Monday morning after a trailer truck filled with wood chips destined for the facility caught on fire.
The blaze occurred when a bad tire on the trailer overheated and caught fire, said Shakopee Fire Captain Tom Pitschneider. From there, the tire spread to the trailer and the wood chips.
"Due to damage to the hydraulic unloading system within the trailer, firefighters had to work by hand with shovels to remove burning wood chips from the trailer and extinguish the fire," Pitschneider explained.
Firefighters were on the scene for two hours. No one was injured in the incident.