Early Morning Fire Damages Shakopee Home
Authorities said the cause of the fire was an overloaded electrical cord.
Shakopee firefighters responded to a structure fire this morning at 548 4th Ave. E.
Firefighters got the call at 6:28 a.m. and upon arrival, located a small fire contained to a bed, according to Shakopee Fire Capt. Tom Pitschneider. The residents of the home were attempting to extinguish the fire when firefighters arrived.
The home suffered smoke and water damage throughout. Pitschneider said the cause of the fire was an overloaded electrical cord and ruled accidental.
There there were no injuries, he said.