Chuck & Don’s Pet Food Outlet to Host Fifth Annual Pins for Pets
Chuck & Don’s Pet Food Outlet will host its fifth annual Pins for Pets fundraiser on August 4 and 5 to help reduce pet overpopulation. For the third year, the benefitting organization of Pins for Pets is the Minnesota Spay Neuter Assistance Program (MN SNAP), the mobile veterinary clinic that performs 30 to 40 spay and neuter surgeries each day on pets belonging to shelters, rescues and low-income families.
Animal lovers and bowling fanatics can donate to the fundraiser through in-store, online and day-of donations.
- In-store: Pet lovers can visit the Shakopee or any local Chuck & Don’s store to donate directly to Pins for Pets at any time prior to the fundraiser.
- Online: Pet supporters can donate to an existing fundraiser or start their own fundraising page on the Greater Giving website.
- Nail Trimming Clinics: Pet owners can visit a Chuck & Don’s location for dog nail trims and learn about MN SNAP’s services. The $10 donation per pet will benefit Pins for Pets. See dates and times from Nail Trim Clinics here.
- Day-of: Individuals or teams can register to bowl at the Greater Giving website. Registration is $20 per person. Bowlers must register online by August 1, 2012 at 11:59 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome on the day of the event on a first-come, first-serve basis. Registration includes two games of bowling, a t-shirt, bowling shoes, and a meal. Participants also have the chance to win a variety of prizes including:
- Flat screen TV
- A hotel stay
- Four tickets to the Minnesota Zoo
- Year supply of dog or cat food
Katie K9 and Ian Punnett from myTalk107.1 will be at the event, and Katie K9’s show will be broadcast live from the event on Sunday, August 5. The “Chuck” of Chuck & Don’s Pet Food Outlet will also be at the event.
The Pins for Pets fundraiser raised more than $93,000 last year, allowing MN SNAP to spay or neuter 1,860 pets. This year’s Pins for Pets goal is to raise $100,000, which will fund spay or neuter surgeries for more than 2,000 pets.
For more information on Pins for Pets and to register visit www.pinsforpets.org.
Pins for Pets
August 4 and 5
Registration: 2 p.m.; Bowling: 3 p.m.
Flaherty’s Arden Bowl
1273 W. County Road E, Arden Hills 55112